This is to describe what we do with information collected from users and what it is used for. We hope you will take the time to read this document and if you have questions, contact the WCT team and we can explain it.
Note: WCT within this policy stands for White Cane Travel.
- Contact form:
- On our contact form, we ask for personal information such as First and Last Name, whether it is a bug, if so, where it is, Telephone Number, E-mail address, method of contact, and Comments. We will use the method of contact first such as E-mail. If we get a bounce, we will rely on your phone number. If it is invalid, then we discard the form with no further action on our part.
- We ask that if you are reporting something not working, that you report exactly where you are and what seems to be broken. This will help us if you're reporting a problem. To help you, White Cane Travel has a script called "you are here" which is a relative path to where you are on our web site. Please use that when filling out a bug report so I know exactly which page we're dealing with. We will attempt to ask where the problem is, and will try to work with you, but if you fail to communicate with us, we will discard the form and no further action will be taken on White Cane Travel's part to help you unless you submit another form.
- If you'd rather call us yourself, a toll-free number is provided for you to call.
- The toll-free number collects caller ID information. We check the caller ID logs just to have an idea of who's calling and where they're calling from. If you leave a message on the toll-free number, the caller ID information is sent to us along with your message. We'll use the ID to call you, then discard it unless you want us to keep it. If you decide for us to keep it, I'll ask for your first name, last name, and any contact telephone numbers you want me to have. The Jared Rimer Network will not share any of this information with anyone for any reason at any time.
- The White Cane Travel contact form is not used to spam us. We now track your IP and we also track the browser you are using, and any referrer information that may be passed to us. We have the capability of looking up the IP number and looking up where to send abuse complaints. WCT is not responsible if this leads to termination of your Internet service with the ISP.
Files posted and links to other web sites:
- This web site does not save cookies to your computer. We do not track any information that is easily accessible to the general public. We may review server logs available to the domain, but there is no way for us to track an individual user through the site.
- WCT hosts files and links to other information pertaining to our mission. WCT, at the time of posting, finds all links to be valid. Should a link become invalid, please contact WCT immediately at your convenience and give us the link to which you tried to visit. If possible, WCT will try to investigate, and fix the link. If we can't get the link fixed, WCT will remove such link. When reporting the link, give us the name of the link as we have quite a number of links posted, and this will help tremendously.
- Files posted are checked for malicious content before posting. The files here are Microsoft Word and PDF. Should you not support either of these formats, please contact WCT for an alternate format.
Spam and viruses:
- WCT hosts One E-mail list. It is a discussion list. All it asks for when you subscribe is your E-mail address. The list on the domain point you to a form which asks for your name, E-mail address, and a password. They're hosted by Mailman. If you have any questions, contact the WCT contact team.
Contacting other members
- It is against this policy that our members send you spam or junk mail. The E-mail accounts on WCT are only used for communication with people, not to send out Spam or viruses. While we understand that Spam can originate if you have one of WCT's E-mail addresses in your address book, know that we will investigate every report that may come in dealing with Spam or viruses and if the member with the account has definitely sent the message in question, we have the right to terminate the account.
- We are encouraging everyone not to use any contact information that may be found on various parts of this web site to use that information to Spam or Virus any of our members. While we can't do anything about it unless you have an account with us, know that we can work with any member who contacts us to complain about it. The information is public, but it doesn't mean you can use the information to Spam our members with filth and hate and harmful material.
- We will create a database of every member who signs up for WCT and its e-mail list. The database will include the E-mail address, name if given, and whether you are on digest. This database is internal in case we move providers, and we need to recreate the list.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us a contact form.
Please choose from one of the following links to navigate around the site. Thanks so much for visiting this site and come back soon!
Copyright 2015 - 2021
the Jared Rimer Network in cooperation with this site. All rights reserved.
The information here is presented as is. Files posted were posted with permission. Links were gathered via web search. We're providing this information in one place for people who may be interested in the information and how difficult it was to find information. We hope the information is of use to people who are looking for information dealing with the blind and their cane travel. Please feel free to check out the links and files posted here.
This site does not endorse any particular product or service linked within these pages. The opinions are those of the people hosting the site. This site is for information and educational purposes only. Please consult a professional mobility instructor if you need immediate assistance with your mobility needs. This site only hosts resources and files that may be of interest in research and educational needs.
Podcasts are provided through our network here at WCT and they may contain some strong language. We want you to be aware of this, and please take this in to account. The opinions expressed in these podcasts are those of the show hosts and may not be a full representation of the JRN, or any other companies that may be on this podcast.
Thanks and acknowledgments
Jared Rimer would like to thank John Field from Wisconsin who got in touch with a mobility instructor named > Stephen McAuliff who is a certified mobility instructor for the State of Wisconsin at > Vision Forward Association. Steve is a > Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist.
We'd also like to thank all of the web sites who sell canes and other devices for the blind and visually impaired. Without you, we would not have the awesome technology we have today.